What you should know if you want to work in Canada
- Employer may need to get a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to hire you. This is a document from the Government of Canada that gives employer permission to hire a foreign worker.
- Find out if you need an LMIA.
- You must meet the requirements to:
- enter the country,
- stay in Canada and
- get a work permit.This means you may also need a visitor visa.
- A work permit does not let you live in Canada permanently. To do so, you must qualify under an immigration category as a permanent resident.
- Live–in caregivers who meet certain requirements can apply to stay in Canada permanently.
- Your spouse or common-law partner and your dependent children may apply to come to Canada with you.
Apply for a work permit
Find out if you are eligible for a work permit. You normally have to apply for a work permit from outside Canada. Sometimes, you can apply as you enter Canada or from inside Canada, but many of the requirements are the same.
How you apply and how long it will take to process your application will depend on the kind of work you will do when you come to Canada.
For more Information contact us here.